10 June 2018 minutes:

Meeting commenced at 09:02, ended at 09:56.
Air conditioner needs to be checked, it is not cooling efficiently.
Tree trimming: a few Live oaks in the rear of the building need to be deadwooded.
Sheila will get a quote.
Shed: No progress as of yet, Bob has been given a contact number.
Playground: Jessica needs to follow up with Hulda to get more details.
Letters for outdoor sign discussed, can get a set of 100 for a little over $70.00. Sheila
will have to purchase and then get reimbursed...
Financial status discussed and all balances are positive.
Clarification of bylaws: monetary donation must be of record to attain membership.
Paypal account will be established. Valerie Delgadillo offered to assist Norma with this
task.
A request was madeby Sheila to the UU board that if they have any pictures that could
be used for the website (without identifiers) there is a need. Jessica said she has quite a
few images to share.
Ronald Mc Donald donations down... do we pick another charity to donate to?
Suggestion: Bell County Animal Shelter, continue R McD donations.
Kids' (s) camp: Hulda asks for assistance.
Board meeting: None in July.
Night book club: postponed until September.
Coffee Pot: Time for a new one?
Minutes concluded.

08 July 2018 minutes: There was a need to have a July board meeting despite thinking it might not be necessary in June.

UUFBC

Meeting minutes

Location:  Kubala Hall
Date:  July 8, 2018
Attendees:  Lanelle Mikeska, Sheila Oliver, Norma Maedgen, Sharon Glockzin, Kay Price, Linda Knightes, Charles Capen
Time:  0900

  • Old Business: Norma and Bill Maedgen purchased safe discussed in last mtg., Thank you letter to Britt AC written by Pres. Lanelle Mikeska approved. Sheds priced by Bill and Norma will cost at least $2,500.00, some discussion again re necessity of shed. Share the Plate to go to Ronald McDonald House.
  • New Business: Cindy Brown volunteered for role of Conflict Resolution Specialist. Role and need for confidentiality discussed unless mbr is threat to self or others. Cindy will provide her email as a form of contact. Motion to create this position made and all agreed verbally.
  • Vice-President, Sheila Oliver presented findings on safe congregation policy obtained from uucentralct.org. Those interested in working on a version for uufbc encouraged to look up site and read material as information is extensive.
  • Tracy McCloud updated board on grounds and Garden for Wildlife Project.

Action Items    Owner(s)      Deadline      Status

Diaper Genie and Changing table         Norma Maedgen                                   Asap                                           In progress

Replacement of some areas of carpet in kids playroom /Unassigned             TBD                                              Planning

Mulch for beds in front of building/weed control   Tracy McCloud            End of Summer                               In Progress


UUFBC

Board Meeting Minutes 8/12/2018 0900

In attendance: President, Lanell Mikeska; Vice President, Sheila Oliver; Treasurer, Norma Maedgen; Secretary, Sharon Glockzin; Cindy Brown; Board Members, Kay Price; Linda Knightes; and Charles Capen.

Meeting began with discussion of need for childcare every week. Valerie Delgadillo has resigned. General agreement to ask Amy Burgar if she is willing to work every week instead of her current 2 weeks/mo.

Treasurer’s Report

Norma reported balances of checking, money market, and cd accounts. Building insurance for the year was paid this month.

Old Business

Storage Shed: Norma to order from Northern Tool. She will coordinate delivery of kit to coincide with 5th Sunday workday Sept. 30. Shed projected cost $500.00, floor kit projected cost $70.00. Total cost to be taken from money market account.

Diaper changing station: to be ordered from Amazon, Board Member, Linda Knightes to donate.

Stained Carpet in Playroom: We no longer have any replacement squares. There was discussion if carpet vs. vinyl plank is a better choice for the room due to allergy/hygiene concerns. Topic remains open.

New Business

New member packet: Copies passed out for consideration and suggestions/revisions

Bylaws: After review of the Bylaws, it was agreed that only a few minor changes/adjustments be made.

Linda Knightes has a 2 drawer file cabinet that she will donate to the choir to store music

Outdoor lighting: all lighting to be inspected for brightness and functionality. There is concern that the marquee lighting is also too dim. All agreed the outdoor lighting is necessary for safety.

Final item: need for exterior painting of new siding. Will be addressed prior to Sept. workday.

Meeting was adjourned at 0955.